For more information on maintaining healthy vision, check out these useful links:
- About Vision Therapy?
An explanation of Vision Therapy from the American Optometric Association.
Vision and Learning
- Not Hyperactive or Autistic, Just Seeing Double At Times New York Times Health, September 11, 2007, By Laura Novak
- United Nations Warning on Ritalin Use The UN warning all governments to watch out for over-prescription of Ritalin.
Binocular Vision Impairments
- Lazy Eye, or Strabisumus Learn about this common disorder.
- Children's Vision Information on vision problems specific to children from the American Optometric Association.
- Eye Muscle Surgery Information from the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh about eye muscle surgery.
- What is a Complete Eye Exam? It is not enough to test your eyesight. Learn what the American Opteometric Association recommends for a complete exam.
- Optometrists and Ophthalmologists Understand the differences and know which you need.
- Vision Glossary A reference so you understand the jargon, from AllAboutVision.com.
- PAVE Parents Active for Vision Education
- COVD The College of Optometrists in Vision Development. An international professional organization which grants board certification in Vision Therapy to optometrists.
- AOA The American Optometric Association. An organization of 32,000 optometrists.
- OEP Optometric Extension Program Foundation. Serving the educational needs of optometrists.
- NORA – Neuro Optometric Rehabilitation Association International, Inc.
An organization which provides direction for the visual rehabilitation of persons who have physical disabilities and/or traumatic brain injuries (TBI).